Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fight (2010)

Pulling up to the house after a long day at work my heart jumped, and not in a good way. My husband's car was in the driveway, three hours before he normally arrives home from work. This was not a good sign. Last night we had gone to bed initially quite happy with each other, or so he thought. But, as we lay in bed talking I became more and more frustrated with him over little things I did not feel he was helping with around the house. I did not discuss things calmly, but instead lit in to him to the point that he finally left the room to watch TV until he cooled down. I fell asleep upset but felt justified in what I told him, because I felt I had been doing everything around the house lately, and it was also my busiest season at work, with full days plus meetings every night.

That next morning I woke up at my normal time, but left the house without kissing him on the cheek or much less even bothering to wake him up to say goodbye. Instead, I slammed the front door on my way out of the house and did not make him a lunch, something I do every day out of love. At work, I never bothered to call or text him and he never called me.

I entered the house to see him sitting on the couch working from home. A basket of folded laundry was on the kitchen table. I said nothing, but sat down on the chair next to him in a huff, assuming we would talk it out.

"If that is how your attitude is going to be you might as well go upstairs right now." He said.

I ignored him, watching intently Law and Order on TNT. I knew he was about to spank me, but I still felt I was right and justified in going off on him about not doing his fair share around the house.

"Don't make me say it twice."

I stood up and pounded past him up the steps, refusing to look at him. Upstairs I was fuming. How dare he spank me when he was the one who was not doing his share of the work! I went into the bathroom.

I heard him coming up the steps after me and before I could get my pants all the way back up he was in the doorway. "Leave those off and get over the bed."

"You can't just hit me whenever you want to." (I purposely used the word hit to make him feel guilty.) I said as I walked past him, removing my slacks and underwear and then bunching the comforter and assuming my position, bared bottom high on the bed.

I purposely turned my head away from him, determined to not even flinch, no matter how hard he spanked me.

He sat down on the bed next to me. His large hand came down hard on my exposed bare bottom. Three times hard to the same cheek and then three times to the other cheek. I held my breath, keeping still.

"Now, speak." He said.

I proceeded to tell him how frustrated I was that it felt like lately I had been doing all the housework, plus working almost time and a half as this is the busiest time of the year for me. He listened patiently as I talked.

"May I talk now?"

"Yes Sir" I responded, slowly realizing that I was definitely over-reacting, and maybe PMSing too.

"Tara, did we not just close on the refinancing of the house on Monday?"

"Yes Sir" (gulp)

"Did I not just tie up all the loose ends regarding the fence outside and my mom's nursing care?"

"Yes Sir"

"Do you understand that this is an exceptionally busy time for me at work as well?"

"Yes Sir."

"Well then, can you see why bringing up the laundry from the basement and vacuuming the steps was not high on my priority list?"

"Yes Sir" (Now I felt really tiny)

"Good. Get the lexan."

I stood and retrieved the lexan, heart pounding. I handed it respectfully to him and assumed my position back over the bunched up comforter.

WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK

"That is for not coming to me calmly to talk things out."

"Yes Sir." Wow that burned.

WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK WHACK

"That is for your attitude today."

"Yes Sir" My eyes were tearing up a bit now and the fire had definitely taken off in my bottom.

WHACK WHACK - two more exceptionally hard spanks hit right across the center sit spot, taking my breath away.

"Those are because I can and will "hit" you anytime I want. Is that clear?"

"Yes Sir" I laid still, catching my breath, listening to him breathe.

"Am I done Sir?"

"You are done, put away your paddle and come here."

I put the paddle under the bed and then rolled over into his loving arms, bottom throbbing, but my heart at peace.

The benefits of a spanking now and then are just wonderful, even if it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment